[OT] Need suggestions for a sport wagon

Brad Sterling wrote:

> We just found out that Passats come in a stick shift (I thought they were
> all autos), but are concerned it will ride like it's S4/A4 sister.  We also
> still need to see if we can option up a 4-door Golf to be a GTI equivalent.

A couple of years ago you could (briefly) get a 1.8T in a 4-door Golf..
a lot of people snapped them up then wooosh!, they did away with the
combination.  You might get lucky and find one used, but I doubt they
produced very many.

Definitely check out a Passat stick.  I had a 2000 GLS 1.8T w/5-speed
and it was just an awesome car.  If it hadn't gotten hit I'd probably
still have it.  Plenty of power, roomy as hell, and killer gas mileage.
I used to almost routinely be able to squeeze 35 mpg out of long trips
at high speeds.  I optioned it exactly as I wanted it - leather,
sunroof, alloys, 1.8T & 5-speed.  Was already sitting in port and I had
it within a week.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA