anyone know what cars have the same front bearing housings?

Van vwdude said-

im looking to get a pair of bearing housings (hub carriers ) (steering arm)
http://www.geocities.com/phfatvw/2rustedstrutass.html whatever thier called
cant even find them on the net for sale to look up what cars all are the
same.i did find a cabriolet at the junk yard has goodlooking ones but need
to know if thier the same as our
16v ones.

--

Let me rephrase since I was a little vague in my previous email (it would
seem!)

Hub Carrier (inner) is listed in etka as;

Left - 171-407-255a  (>>53-e-012 217)

Left - 171-407-255b (53-0120218>>)

Right - 171-407-256b (53-012-218>>)

Hub (outer) is listed in etka as;

Either Side - 175-407-615

But the outer hub is carried on (information taken from
http://www.vwparts.com <http://www.vwparts.com/> )

Jetta - 80-84

Jetta Diesel - 80-92

Rabbit - 75-84

Rabbit Cabriolet - 88-93

Rabbit convertible - 79-87

Rabbit Diesel - 77-84

Rabbit GTI - 83-84

Scirocco - 75-88

Van vwdude said -

also what cars have our same left and right axels if ny , i dont feel like
rebuilding my joints now , just rather get a couple from the junk yard that
are good enough for my trip to new jersey.

--

90mm axle (left) - 171-407-271sx

90mm axle (right) - 171-407-271nx

According to ATP in ETKA  those are found on;

84-93 Rabbit conv/cabrio

79-84 Jetta

81-84 Caddy pickup

81-84 Rabbit

100mm axle (left) - 191-407-271K

100mm axle (right) - 191-407-272B

According to ATP in ETKA  those are found on;

84-93 Rabbit Conv/Cabrio

89-95 corrado

89-92 Golf

88-92 Jetta

Sorry this only a sketchy part of the information you need, if you need more
information, feel free to visit your local parts store, dealership or
contact vwoa.

Cheers

  _____

ATS - Patrick Bureau <ats@longcoeur.com> wrote:

The questions can only be answered if we knew the year model your scirocco
is, but

1985-1992 8v and 16v front outer/inner bearing hub are the same

Scirocco 1975-1983.5 90mm axles
Scirocco 1984-1992 100mm axles, on 9A (8v) and all 16v trannies

Most vw A1 : any Ex or Fx series is 90mm 9A and 16v trannies are 100mm.

im looking to get a pair of bearing housings (hub
carriers ) (steering arm)
http://www.geocities.com/phfatvw/2rustedstrutass.html
whatever thier called cant even find them on the net
for sale to look up what cars all are the same.
i did find a cabriolet at the junk yard has good
looking ones but need to know if thier the same as our
16v ones.
also what cars have our same left and right axels if
any , i dont feel like rebuilding my joints now , just