OT- Gmail invites?

Guys,

Thanks for all the insightful knowledge that is now duplicated in my
understanding of how the ads get into my gmail account ( I actually
read the terms and conditions of use when I signed up for my gmail
account and all that was clearly explained and understood at that
time.)  I am very happy with the layout of the web based format that
is used for gmail.  I really like the way it keeps "conversations"
together so that threads can be easily followed with out having to
search through my inbox to see where a praticular thread has flowed.

My inquiry was to the fact that as of this posting (I have had my
gmail account now for several days) I have only received mail from the
scirocco.org list.  None of this mail has had advertisements show up
on the screen as I imagined it would.  Corresponding to that I have
not yet recieved any invites to pass to others.  My question to others
with gmail accounts and my prequalified theory is concerned with the
association between content that would trigger ad placement and
invitations to pass to others. In other words am I not going to get
the ability to pass on invitations until google's filters pick up on
content that will allow its sponsers to peddle wares and services in
my direction.

I am not concerned with security issues as any mail that is of a
secure nature for me or my company is handled with encryption software
on a secure server that keeps out possible prying eyes. The only email
I am concerened about being secure is that mail which is intended for
my clients and their respective privacy. I have other web based email
accounts and have used them for years. This is in my opinion the best
out there.

Now that I have made it clear as mud, I hope those that responed will
not take offense as none was intended.  I have seen how emotions tend
to become flaired when no offense was intended on the part of the
sender.  I was just stating facts regarding my observations regarding
my own gmail account and was curious as to the heppenings of others
lucky enough to a gmail account.

Dave Winchell, II
87 Scirocco 16V 2.0L (Currently lawn sculpture at Al's house)
86 Scirocco 8V (now living again waiting to be legal in the U.S.)