Do I have it bad? (long)

The illness has taken another one!
...symptoms of drinking the koolaid.

Lurker out!

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:34:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
Subject: Do I have it bad? (long)
To: car <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

OK, Friday night's dream was the weirdest, but not the first.  In fact, it was
the 3rd Cincy related dream.  The first took place the Monday night after Cincy.
The second was a few nights after that.  The 3rd was this last Friday.  Granted
it was my first Cincy (Yay!  I'm not a virgin!), I am totally in love with the
car, but this last one (dream) was the oddest.

The first one (IIRC) was just the random run of the mill (for me) Cincy dream;
ie: I wanted to go back.  I remember this well, as I woke that morning with a
STRONG desire to hop in my 'rocco and head to Daun's to hang out with other
listers.  But I soon realized that THAT was 8 hours away and not possible.

The second (which I remember less than the first, in fact almost not at all) was
about the same (I awoke with the same feeling) and only a couple days after the
first.

This last one, though, was odd.  It didn't take place at Cincy, per say, but
post-Cincy.  And instead of going home without a convoy, it seemed that most of
the Sciroccos were heading my way.  Now, just to make everyone feel ok, 99% of
the people in the dream were products of my mind.  They all seemed to be just
random, made-up-by-my-subconcious people.  But, just the fact that I had a
convoy (at least 15 cars) heading home, seemed weird in itself.

At any rate, this one, for the most part, took place at a rest stop/ gas
station/ whatever.  I DO remember that the only person that can remember having
recognized was Dan Bubb*.  No weirdness there, he was just there for most of my
Cincy (in real life).

Here's the weird part:  I remember (in the dream) saying to someone (might have
been Dan) "It's really strange how fast time has flown since the last Cincy and
this one" (me thinking in the dream that it is 2005).  Then, all of a sudden, I
realize there's no WAY a whole year has passed since the last Cincy and this one
(2005) and it hits me: I am dreaming!  I then proceed to tell whoever I'm
talking to and a few others "I know this may sound weird and feel free to tell
your friends that you spoke to someone in their dream, but I am dreaming and you
are here!" (I remember saying that almost verbatim.)  About two minutes later
(dream-time) I awoke.  There were a couple of other things that happened, I
don't remember what, but trust me in that they weren't sexual (unless it
involved Al's body kit (You DID bring the beach towel, right?), but I really
don't remember :).

I later mentioned the dream to my wife ("It's the third one since Cincy!" I
said, "and one of the few (there have been a couple others, all this year) where
I realize that I am dreaming."  "Were there any light switches?" she asked.**).

Anyway, is this normal behavior for a first timer (or even a regular)?

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

* What's the hub-bub, Bubb?  (Sorry Dan, had to do it.  Hope you'll forgive me.)
** The light switch comment refers to a movie I saw, called "Waking Life" (I
recommend it).  In one scene, the main character was talking with someone about
lucid dreaming and the other person said to get in the habit of flicking a light
switch whenever you see one.  Always.  Once you are in this habit, you will do
it in your dreams.  If you get into this habit, then some day, you will do it
and the lights will not go on or off (as you can't change the lighting in your
dreams; ie: If the lights are on, then turning the switch off will not make them
go off).  This will mean that you are in a dream and, if you have trained
yourself, it will awaken you to the idea that you are dreaming (which is what
happened to me in this last Cincy dream.).  If you do awaken to that fact
without awakening in real life, then you might find yourself dreaming lucidly,
and therefor might be able to control your dream and dream what you wish.  As of
yet, I have not been able to do this, although in the
 last Cincy dream I realized I was dreaming but did nothing about it but tell
others that they were in my dream (and that they should feel proud to be there.
Weird?  Is this whole (beginning of a) thread weird? Who cares.).  Soon, lucid
dreaming will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.  -m