[SPAM]

Driving on the highway today it seemed that the throttle cable or pedal was sti
cking. A couple
    of taps on the gas would loosen it up. But then a few miles down the road i
t stuck with the
    pedal to the floor. Luckily there was a rest stop comming up so I pull into
 there.
Looking at the throttle body the small butterfly was stuck almost closed. I don
't know any other way to explain it but even with vice
    grips I couldn't get the butterfly to open. So after taking apart the intak
e and top part of
    the throttle body I finally decided that I couldn't fix it there. So I remo
ved the lever for
    the small butterfly from the throttle body and drove home on just the large
 one. Talk about
    on/off feeling. It's a good thing it was almost all highway home. It took s
ome skill to keep
    from spinning the tires on takeoff.
Tomorrow I hope to have the throttle body of to see what the problem is. Right
now the bolts are soaking in WD40.
Anyone else experience this?
Rob Nettles
1984 GTX
1985 Wolfsberg
www.geocities.com\p_phi_p99

   [1]Make the most of your family vacation with tips from the MSN Family
   Travel Guide!