Running no O2 sensor

Yeah, they don't have a hole drilled and tapped but there's a boss in the
casting where you can drill and tap, at least on some of them.

The one I have I got from Potterman a few years ago and it came with the
O2 bung and CO test pipe, and he said it was from a MKI of some sort
(78-81?)

I have in my shop a manifold from a diesel of about the same time, it
looks exactly the same as the manifold I got from Mike but has no bung or
test pipe.  However, it has the boss where you could easily drill and tap
for O2 sensor and bosses for drilling for the test pipe hole and mounting
fastener..  I grabbed it for $10.oo in a junkyard that didn't know
anything about VW, I figured I would take a chance and I think these
manifolds are gettin scarce..  I might be wrong, but I think it could be
made to work.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> The earlier 75-77 MKI manifolds did not have any o2 sensor, I have one on my
> 85, but My O2 is in my down-pipe so it does not matter.

John Gates
--
'85 Scirocco
'97 Jetta GLX