No Reverse?? <dumb people>

When I bought my '87 Quantum Syncro, the <really stupid> dealer said it
would only go into reverse if the car was off, and even then you really
had to jam it to get it to pop in to reverse.  He didn't realized you
had to PUSH DOWN on the shifter.  He also said the noise coming from the
rear of the car couldn't be a rear CV, seeing as it was a front wheel
drive car.
Nate