? For the Chem-E people...

That would make the car run way too lean and probably destroy the
engine.  "Gasohol" available from some gas stations is about 10% alcohol.
Beyond that you head for a danger zone.  You have to pass a lot more
alcohol (some say 2x by volume) through your fuel system than gasoline to
keep it from running too lean.  To run 50/50 you would have to modify your
fuel system. Do a search for the alcohol fueled cars in Brazil.  Alky was
popular for a while (when the price savings was substantial).  I think the
cars could run something like 70 or 80% alcohol in modified
form.  (Actually, some gasoline is helpful, as 100% alcohol leaves a waxy
residue in the fuel system and will clog it up.)  (Indy cars run gasoline
mix through the systems at the end of each day to avoid that problem.)

Chris

P.S. There is something attractive about running your car on corn liquor.