Coolent system upgrade questions

calimus wrote:

<snip>
> Took the car for another run and while temps were down, they
> were still a bit higher then usual.  I'm guessing I still have more air in
> the system.  The trick is, the water temp guage is reading up to the 3/4
> line while my oil temp only gets as high as 110c.  This all started a year
> ago and I've been chasing the problem every since. Before then, the water
> temp would only reach about a hair passed half way when I was doing triple
> digits for more then a mile in the middle of summer.  Heat currently from
> the vents stays constant.
>
> I'm starting to suspect something in the wiring
<snip>

Your Electrons are in a state of oppression and yearn for freedom,
they must be allowed a path to Mother Earth (chassis ground) and a
return through the Big Battery in the corner.

In addition to crusty grounds there is also the problem with old wire
getting well, old.

This can lead to high resistance and 'off' readings from instruments
that rely on a certain value to report whats going on.

Dielectric Grease is you new best buddy.

TBerk