Coolent system upgrade questions

> From: "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>
> Date: 2004/06/19 Sat PM 11:36:22 EDT>
> - 50/50 mix: corrosion may be better prevented by the higher glycol content,
> but this ends up being far outweighed by the _way_ higher local surface
> temps in the head and block (higher temps = more corrosion, no matter how
> much glycol you throw at it). the higher coolant temp results in higher
> coolant pressure, which causes lower life of coolant hoses. this also
> ultimately ends up raising under hood temps, reducing the life of engine bay
> wiring, while embrytiling all harness connector plastic parts.
>
> i've seen this happen first hand, learning the hard way on my first couple
> of roccos.
>
> i see your $0.02 and raise you $0.04
>
> Al

:-)

Well, if you are concerned about the cooling of regular antifreeze and water, I can only suggest that you throw out the water, and put in pure coolant.  Evans Coolant, that is.  Heat soak is not a problem one bit.  Engine knock is drastically reduced (knock sensor disconnected, no troubles even up to 90 degrees ambient temperature).  Since is is pure coolant, the chance of corrosion is nil, lifetime juice...  No need for a pressurized cap, unless you do not like the smell of Belgian Waffles (yes, I know that is weird).  I run a 7 lb cap, as I would prefer to not to smell the stuff except as a warning that something is wrong...

If anyone is interested, go to evanscooling.com and do some reading.  Ignore the details on what you have to do to modify your engine to make it work, they were using NPG, not NPG plus.  With the plus, you do not have to do anything except put it in and enjoy the rewards...

I don't play poker, so I will drop this here.  No attitude was meant with my questions, I was merely curious as to why to recommend what I would consider dangerous for the life of the cooling system.  My opinion has not changed, but there are no harsh feelings on this side of the keyboard...  :-)

Cheers,
  David

Cheers,
  David Utley