Coolent system upgrade questions

Ok, I wasn't able to get back to my pc last night so now that I've caught up
on everything here we go.

Patrick, what you've said is very accurate.  The T-stat that "was" in the
car was about 2 maybe 3 years old, I can't remember exactly when I replaced
it last.  The one in it now is a 160f t-stat.  The water pump was replace
last July 4th.  And the radiator was replaced about 6 weeks ago.  As of
yesterday, Here is what I did.

Drained the system and shoved a water hose in the expansion tanke and let it
run water through the system with the radiator hoses discconected and the
heater valve open.  After about 15min of that, I started the car and let it
run for about 3min just to help pull some water through a bit and make sure
the pump was well washed out.  I then proceeded to hose out the radiator.

After all that, I put in about 3/4 of a container of the "pink" stuff.
Thought it was orange, turned out it's pink.  After that, I used water to
top off the rest of the system.  I ran the car for a quick spurt and let it
cool off.  Got a nice burp and then refilled with a mix of 90% water 10%
pink stuff.  Took the car for another run and while temps were down, they
were still a bit higher then usual.  I'm guessing I still have more air in
the system.  The trick is, the water temp guage is reading up to the 3/4
line while my oil temp only gets as high as 110c.  This all started a year
ago and I've been chasing the problem every since. Before then, the water
temp would only reach about a hair passed half way when I was doing triple
digits for more then a mile in the middle of summer.  Heat currently from
the vents stays constant.

I'm starting to suspect something in the wiring now as I've also replace the
water temp sender.  I don't have any oil in the water, or water in the oil.
I don't loose any water after weeks of driving.  I haven't ruled out a
blockage in the head somewhere though, but it will have to wait a while
before I pull that and replace the head.  I'm going to make a few more short
drives with it today and see if maybe I can burp it some more, but I think
the rocco is about to get downgraded from DD to tinker toy.

Thanks to all that have replied, sorry so long.

William