Air Horns

Neptuno wrote:

> I figured that they, (the 4 bottons), made a closed
> circuit at the wheel. I just wondered if someone had
> attempt to make something like this work
> independently. I figure that a discrete push botton
> switch but the gear shifter area may work as plan "b"

Hmmm, how about looking at NOS switches? Some of them are built into
the tops of gear shift knobs etc.

Oh, and don't forget to relay the horn- maximum performance can be had
by eliminating spool up time; two things lead to this, providing as
good a power path (and grounding) as possible AND keeping the air
hoses between pump & horns as short as possible.

Other wise you get this momentary lag between the time you hit the
button and when the sound comes out.

hth,
TBerk
running a two (plastic) trumpet Hella horn.