Cincy part deux...

Just returned last night from the land of billboards, helmetless
motorcycle riders, rough roads (Detroit), and friendly service.   The
land where fireworks and porn have strangely become roadside attractions
(there must be a need to "shoot" something off while Interstate driving,
I dunno... :D).

The reason for my return to the U.S.of A. - another trip to Ohio to pick
up the 81 S I left there to tow Rich's car to Delaware last weekend.  I
didn't arrive there empty handed though, as Jim Jarrett's Mk2 was loaded
on the dolly in Rochester for the trip down to Daun's for some repairs
and a new owner...

Needless to say, my dolly has been THOROUGHLY tested in the last few
weeks - over 5000 miles worth.  Proof of concept has been "proofed"...
:)

Since I don't generally like to drive with the radio on, I took the
hours and hours of interstate driving as an opportunity to start
designing a collapsible single axle trailer.  If you think my dolly was
trick, wait till I build this thing!  It'll be able to load the lowest
of vehicles (ie: race cars), have an adjustable tongue weight, and also
have the ability to be broken down into parts small enough to fit into
the back of a Scirocco, with the remainder affixed (above the ground) to
the hitch, just like my dolly.  The aim for this project will be
lightness, minimal structure, and ease of use (taking apart and putting
together).  I believe this trailer will be more marketable than my dolly
design, so I'm designing/building it with that in mind.

Later!

Mark.
75
77