From: Dave Ewing [mailto:MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 12:29 AM
To: Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org
Subject: RE: '88 16v, damaged, for sale

And you want to do this with an MK2?  Aren't you asking for trouble?  I
have
always been afraid of doing anything major to an MK2 due to the frontend
cracking and all.  I've always liked the Mk1s for serious hp and torque
but
even they have their limits.  No offense, I realize where I am, but it
seems
that the Rabbit seems to take more frame tweaking hp than most all VWs
unless you do some serious tubing or bracing.  I'm just curious as I
always
seem to run accross free Mk2s.

Dave