80s nerd computers was: Re: Regret

Um.....as usual I am jumping into this thread really late...

I am looking for a home for a wonderful little mac named "puter".  She
is a Performa 550 and she comes with a printer and lots of software and
a bunch of other stuffs.  I just want her to go to a good home, that is
all...she is entirely free...and perhaps I would be willing to even pay
part of the shipping costs.

In light of this thread I am posting this to the list.....I was
intending to put it on ebay but I have never gotten around to it.

Does anyone want to give this poor little gal a good home?

Kirsten

On Jun 9, 2004, at 4:07 PM, Marc Getty wrote:

> That sounds like a trick question based on the current Sun stuff vs.
> Open Source conversation! No Linux on the BeBox, it still runs BeOS. I
> can run Linux on just about anything, why waste the rarity of the
> BeBox on Linux (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with Linux).
>
> -Marc who believes "big" servers are 4 CPUs
>
> '81 VW Scirocco             Philadelphia, PA
> '84 VW Bunny Truck          marc@getty.net
> '02 C230 Kompressor         AIM: DaMarcDaMarc

>>> http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
>>> 89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant