View from the Inside - Cincy 2k4

Damn, it's over already.  So what to do for post-Cincy
depression?  Why, post the play-by-play for posterity's
sake.  So, grab a fresh cup of coffee, this'll be a long
post.

I'm soooo glad I took Thursday off, as the Texans showed up
late-afternoon.  We spent a few minutes chatting, then I
got back to work and they headed for the hotel.  I kept on
workin' on other projects 'til late, with Ellen & Tonee
arriving in there somewhere as well.  Finally around 1:45
AM the Canadian crew arrived, and we all shuffled off to
bed shortly thereafter.

Friday morning we awoke and headed off in search of
breakfast.  This meant stuffing Julie, Jillian, George,
Cathy, Dennis, and Drew plus dad, Brand and myself into
three airplanes and flying off (in formation) to another
local airport.  They all seemed to be really miserable with
this flight, especially Cathy.  ;)  (We swore the grin
reached all the way around her head.)  I thought the Cicada
clinging to the wing on the trip home was a nice touch.

Caravans (& the aforementioned Texans of course) slowly
started to roll in throughout the afternoon.  There was
lots of sitting around chatting going on well into the
evening as usual, and some talk of tickets too.  (Hey Sara,
can you pass me a bag of chips?)  Pizza was delivered by my
dear boyfriend Brad, who seems to be able to do damn near
anything.  (Make pizza at a friend's store, EMT duties, fly
airplanes etc.)

Saturday was very typical of Cincy.  In other words, people
were working on what broke on the trip out, swapping parts
with each other, and indulging in a beverage or two.  (My
GAWD you guys can drink.)  Frank made an appearance rather
early, and slept it off in a chair in the sun for awhile.
Damn Brett, that looked rough.  Around 4:30 we started the
assembly of cars in the back yard - Ben does a great job of
directing traffic from the top of the tower.  Cathy went
along to take the aerial pics this year, which as I've
mentioned was difficult to talk her into considering how
much she just hates this flying thing.  :p  As is
tradition, pics were taken of individuals with their cars
upon teardown, and dinner was served soon after.  A huge
thanks to Chuck, Ellen, Margaret & my very own mom for the
preparations.  'Twas tasty as usual.

We ALL know about what happened to Rich & Kirsten Saturday
night, no need for rehashing on my part - all I did was tow
the car back to the house on the trailer that's probably
seen more Sciroccos than any other.  I'm just glad nobody
was seriously hurt.

Sunday was more subdued (as usual) as people got ready to
head for home.  Many of those taking I-70 went on a cruise
that lead up to Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs.  The food
is ok, but the ice cream is usually top-notch.  Screw the
diets, this is a vacation.  The rest of the afternoon was
low-key, with the final survivors going to dinner at Max &
Erma's, followed by a dip in the pool.

Monday sucked because I actually had to work part of the
day.  So, after seeing Eric & Katy, Rhett & his GF, plus
Ellen & Tonee off on their journeys home, that's where I
went.  The only real cleanup I had to do this evening when
I got home was to load up two pickup-truck loads worth of
trash & empties.  Where do you guys PUT all this alcohol
anyway??

So that's it from here.  I'm up WAY later than I intended,
and am LONG overdue for an extended night's sleep.  Best
laid plans 'eh?

C'ya next year!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen