Julie made it home

Man. 5 am I rolled in to the drive way. AHHHHHH my bed! Now awake after a
few hours sleep and a cup of coffee, the "After Cincy" depression sets in.
Back to normal life.

There were sooo many people I wish I had more time to talk too and cars to
check out for ideas. Now I can place faces to your sigs again! (That will
fade till its time to meet you all again next year  :)

I will admit that that post Cincy Drive was a blast! Thats not what I was
admitting too. I missed a corner and JUST barely averted harvesting corn
with the front of the car. Amazing what a millisecond lapse of concentration
can do.... Can we do that drive again?

The caravan back was a buzz! Only one problem truck and a few a**holes, but
we all blew down the road (with only one minor tech procedure at a rest
stop). A great dinner and lots of laughs later dropped Cath and the GWN crew
off in Buffalo, then Lothar (Andy and Alex) got off in Rochester.
Alone, I finished the last 4 hours to get home. (That does include a short
nap in a rest area, man I was begginning to drop off. Scary)

My car ran perfectly the whole time (which was a nice touch) and a 2L in a
MKI is nice. Flitting through traffic, more than enough power to spare even
at 80, to jump when called. My god, I think I am having a love affair with
my car!
"Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee" is the best quote I can think
of.

***************************** Thank you's ******************************
1) To the Yeagleys, thank you again for providing all of us with a place to
meet, and organising the event at all! You are incredible people and deserve
the Texas Award!

2) To the people who attended. You are truely remarkable people and it was a
pleasure to be amung you. I really do look forward to seeing you all next
year!

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY