[trans] slipping out & can't get it in (reverse & fifth)

   been living with this for a while but i'd like to get it fixed now
that it's warmer out. actually, the problem happens more when it's
warmer out.
   when i put the car into reverse, it like to pop out as i'm backing
up. depending on how far and what incline i'm at depends on how many
times i have to shift it back into reverse. i can usually keep pressing
on the shifter and keep it in gear. additionally, there are times when
shifting into fifth that it won't take. i have to hold the shifter
slightly longer to ensure i'm in gear. the other gears are no problem.
i've tried moving the clamp further back on the selector shaft but it
didn't solve my problem. all my shift bushings good. engine is a jh and
the transmission is a 9a.
   any ideas? thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)