california smog defeats our engine swap

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:33:29 -0700, "Larry Fry" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Apparently you do not have to live in the county of record for your car.
>Lots of guys who live here in San Diego have a post office box in Pine
>Valley or Julian (where no smog is required) just so they can avoid the smog
>checks.  Even though it's all San Diego COUNTY.   This may not help you...
>Larry

I know a guy who had a spot rented (and a mailing address) to store
his camping trailer on the Pala Indian reservation.   Sovereign
nations aren't subject to smog laws either.  The best thing you can
have (if you're in California) is a 75 model, exempt since January 1,
2004. :-)

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm