Cullen's VWVortex Group Buy: Aluminum Gas Caps For '80 and'81Sciroccos, (and Rabbits and Cabriolets)

Dan Smith wrote:

> I have heard that same thing from a lot of people.
> Constant 'stock' replies to emails, often making
> little sense to the email originally sent.
> I think he does a lot of copy and paste when he
> gets tired of answering. He built up a popularity
> from providing good stuff at a good price with good
> customer service. Now that he's gotten bigger,
> he really needs to hire some help. I still may order
> the gas cap as I really like it and it's about $50
> cheaper than Langford's, but at least people know
> what they're getting in to.
>
> Dan

I have a bit of a problem too, and I haven't added to the Vortex
static in giving my feedback, but in a nutshell it's this:

The seller is unable to supply (or understand, apparently, the need
for) a list of what product he is selling fits on what models exactly.

The answers to peoples' questions are coming from existing owners and
other informed people but not from the guy selling the products.

Simplistic answers like "It's the tab type not the screw in type",
don't help people who don't know from 'types' but _do_ know what year
and model car they own. (One thread is seven or more pages long with
mostly "does it fit my car?" type questions, over and over.)

As much as I would like to mod the body prior to painting, this type
cap would really be a neat in between thing to have, so I'm not all
about the vinegar here. (I really understand being overwhelmed and
overcommited.)

TBerk
no saint, not perfect, frustrated human being.