Cullen's VWVortex Group Buy: Aluminum Gas Caps For '80 and'81Sciroccos, (and Rabbits and Cabriolets)

I have heard that same thing from a lot of people. Constant 'stock' replies to emails, often making little sense to the email originally sent. I think he does a lot of copy and paste when he gets tired of answering. He built up a popularity from providing good stuff at a good price with good customer service. Now that he's gotten bigger, he really needs to hire some help. I still may order the gas cap as I really like it and it's about $50 cheaper than Langford's, but at least people know what they're getting in to.

Dan

I have not ever dealt with him on a group buy, but just the amount of
trouble I had in communicating with him was enough to piss me off. Some
time back, he posted and asked for us to look at what all we might be
interested from the German supplier. I looked, and saw that they had a
power window kit for the Mk1 Golf. I told him that I was interested in
that. He replied that I could take the window lifters from a Cabriolet. I
replied that they were not the same, and that I was still interested in the
hard top kit. Almost two weeks rolls by, no response. I inquire again to
see what he has found, he give me the same damn patent eneducated answer he
gave me before. I flamed him on that thread, and told him that I was highly
irritated and why. He said, "Well, I have over 200 emails a day, and almost
a hundred PMs! Ihave no way to keep track of every thread that I am
expected to follow." I replied, "The it would seem that you are in the
wrong business then." I have often taken something on, both for the list,
and for this salvage yard that I am still trying to help. I have also more
often than I should, dropped the ball on getting everything done. However,
I would NOT expect anyone to accept the same half-assed reply he gave. You
took this on. If you cannot handle it, be man enough to admit you are not
up to the task, and keep trying.

I'm sorry, I got off on a bit of a rant... In short, I would not deal with
Cullen...

Cheers,
David