Oil pressure buzzer sounds when in hard right turns....

> From: Marc_Scirocco_Qu?bec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca>
> Date: 2004/07/27 Tue AM 09:45:39 EDT
> To: <d_snow@earthlink.net>,
> 	"roc \(E-mail\)" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: RE: Oil pressure buzzer sounds when in hard right turns....
>
> They all do.
>
> It is oil starvation from cornering too hard.
>
> Get a baffled oil pan.
>
> For cheapper, the "051 103 623 restrictor" found on latter cars. It is a
> plastic thing that attaches at the end of the oil pump, and it might help a
> bit.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Marc
> '83 Scirocco
> '97 A4

Of course!  Duh, I remember now...

You might also consider a full baffle, like those that are found in the A3 engines.  I have driven SCCA with that baffle and not suffered any oil starvation.  Not only that, you get a bit more hp off the line with that one, as it keeps oil off the crank as it sloshes towards the back of the pan when launching.  I felt a big difference... 037-115-220-B, used on the TDIs...

HTH

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---