cam timing question

Ja, that's it, but I always check the tdc mark on the flywheel or check actual tdc with a screwdriver in a spark plug hole as well just in case the keyway decides to go walkabout.

Anson

roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca wrote:
Just to confirm, I'm trying to check basic stuff on the 16V to see why it
is slow.
So, to check cam timing, you just spin the engine till the timimg marks
match up top and bottom as per the bentley, and if it has an adjustable
cam gear, if the bottom marks line up, the top mark should be off by the
angle of adjustment, right? (mine's at +6 degrees, so in my case, the mark
will be off by 6 degrees, correct?)
Just to confirm. Thanks.
Cathy, inept, so be kind.