Motor mount questions

Ok, I've collected averything I need to do my mounts now I'm just looking
for a better way to do them.  I really don't want to drop the engine to do
the mounts but I'm having diffculty in figuring out how I would be able to
do it any other way.

The rear mount was replaced a few weeks ago, I can figure the front mount
out.  What has be boggled are the two side mounts.  How can I replace these
without dropping the engine.  More specificly the pass side mount as it's a
16v and there just isn't much room to work in.  I have an engine hoist so
I'm thinking I'll have to use that, but will I need to drop the exhaust or
drive axles in order to pick the engine up enough to get at the pass side
mount?

Thanks,
William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v