Waterfest, the novel chapter

Thanks for info Jan, that made my week! ;-)

-Marc who can't shit on command, and everyone is grateful for this

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jan Folkson
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 7:28 PM
To: Marc Getty; roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca; scirocco list
Subject: Re: Waterfest, the novel chapter

Hey Marc,

Forgot to tell you that somebody (I use the term body loosely) pooped
in the elevator on Saturday night.  Kind of like a cherry atop the
sundae that is waterfest :)

- Jan Folkson
NYC, NY

http://www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'03 Passat GLS 1.8t
'03 Jetta Wagon 1.8t

"How do you know when it's music and not just a bunch of noise" -
Dennis the Menace

> I just got back from Waterfest last night, after a 7 day detour to
> North Carolina's Outer Banks. As usual Waterfest did not disappoint,

> and as always, the Scirocco folk had a great time watching the
> youngsters doing crazy shit in much newer cars.
>
> My gorgeous green Mk1 (which is for sale) got me to hotel # 2 on
> Friday in 2 hours thanks to NJ rush hour traffic, even though it
> should have taken 1 hour. During a beer stop along the way I ran
into
> the new owner of Glen Stile's '79 Scirocco
> <http://www.mk1scirocco.com/glen.htm>, he was driving a bunny truck
at
> the time. Let's all sing "it's a small world after all...".
>
> Hotel # 2 had a good much of .org'ers (Jan, Brett, Frank, Sara,
Jason
> A., Ben, Anson, Peter, Peter's friend, and Jason C. & Mark for a
short
> period) and plenty of morons to entertain us. Highlights include
> someone shitting in the pool, some nice bikini clad trim, burnouts,
> cops, burnouts, cops, more cops, and lots of alcohol. Rumor has it
> that the Canadians were all in Hotel # 1, but alcohol + a completely

> illegal car + laziness prevented me from visiting.
>
> Unfortunately my sit down drinking session with Brett/Frank on
Friday
> night delayed my Saturday appearance until 3:00 PM. But after a
> somewhat-full recovery I was back out watching the escalating
mayhem.
> I quickly learned to hate anyone on tiny tiny little motor bikes!
> Grrr... However, feeding me (thanks for the pizza Jason) calmed me
> down in order to watch the night's festivities.
>
> After a few burnout/cop sessions and hiding in Frank Ralph
Drinkalot's
> new 105? F trailer it was time for me to leave for vacation.
> Unfortunately I had to trade in one mini-vacation (Waterfest) for
> another (OBX), but not until I revealed to Ben Harder the 3 day long

> practical joke that Anson and I were playing on him ;-) (you can't
buy
> $195/bottle beer without a name made by Nazis exiled in Cuba in
> Windsor, ON as far as I can tell).
>
> On my way home, I passed by the Ramada on Route 1 (near Scott
Williams
> parent's house) - it had more cops at it then VWs, and a low flying
> police helicopter with a very bright spotlight. Got to love WF!
>
> As for having .org folks stay at a non-WF endorsed hotel, NO WAY!
> While it would be terrific to have all the Scirocco folk together at

> one hotel, not having young drunken morons to watch would be quite
> disappointing.
>
> -Marc
>
> '81 VW Mk1 Scirocco             Philadelphia, PA
> '84 VW GTI Bunny Truck          marc@getty.net
> '02 MB C230 Kompressor          AIM: DaMarcDaMarc

Valdez
> and we had a group hug ( NOT) on the shoulder. Deja vu.
>
> Chapter Four: THE HOTELS: Here is the true heart of the Waterfest
> experience, it is right out of ?the Fast and the Fundamentally
lacking
> in sense?. There were the usual elements- lots of rubber smoke,
> hanging out and drinking in the parking lot, babysitting by the
local
> cops, all that good stuff. And the cars, lots of them to see. And
the
> bullshit to go with them. Excellent! I ran into the Canuck faction
> first (TMB and the VWoT crew), followed by Scirocco types, like
Mark,