ATS REPLIES...REAL LONG !!! was: ats and his site and his herd gone???

I will answer below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn

it seems patrick is no longer interested in roccos. this in and of itself
doesnt bother me. to each his own. however, it appears he has just
back-stabbed the entire rocco list. here is my basis for that claim:

1. he just dumped his entire rocco collection off at a junkyard. with all of

the trouble other listers go through to 'save' these dwindling cars, that
just pisses me off.

2. he took his site down, on purpose. all of the technotes. no warning that
its going down in a week or so. no ability of anyone to mirror said
technotes for future education of others. just gone.

3. he posts on the list in threads all day long while all of this has
happened already. nothing like 'hey, all of my cars are available, come and
get em'. nothing.

---------

Allyn,

Like it or not, I paid for them, they are my property, and I do not like the
way you dare assume that you are important enough on this planet, to tell me
how, when, where, and for what reasons, I may dispense with my property. See
it from this point of view, you would not accept such a remark about your
neighbour telling you to do with your car, house or anything else you paid
for.

2. my web site, my intellectual property, see 1 for further information how
I can, will and decide how I will dispense of it again.

3. I never stated, or offered because of personal reasons, that not counting
my answering in 1. but because of "personal reasons" I do no believe I need
to explain myself to you or anyone else of my actions.

---From Jeff Tomasson---
Yeah - I saw that...  kinda makes me scratch my head...yeah, it's all fine
and good if you want to bail on Sciroccos (though I can't imagine why), but
to announce your departure and not give reasons why, sounds like a big pout
to me. It's one thing if you're inconsequential like Dave (sp)Ewing, but
Patrick's tech notes have helped a lot of people (poor grammar, misspellings
notwithstanding) - Exhibit A: the brewing commotion about it on Vortex...

I don't think it would be that hard to leave the tech notes up..

---

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I did what I did because it was
required, as for the possible future of my tech notes to be hosted somewhere
for the rest of the owners to refer to (although I never believed my tech
note be worth of such "honor", but, not saying that I have made a decision
on this matter, I have considered it.

--- From Allyn ----
> I don't think it would be that hard to leave the tech notes up...

...or at least give a day notice so people can save the ones they could use
in the future.
its not like the site expired, he actually had to update it to make the
change. he intentionally screwed over the list...
-----

Again Allyn, you only display, the; me, me, me symptoms of a child, you want
my tech notes, I screwed the LIST? Excuse me? 5 years on this list. 5 years
of listening and answering young men trying to figure out what they got
themselves into? I screwed the list? I don't think so.

I believe that intellectual property, it be a book or web site, are laws
that protect people from "STEALING" and copying such materials, though many
would not stop at "copying" to better their vantage point.

Again your angry and your not making a lot of sence here. And your holier
than god tone of writing your emails to the list, like I was not present,
only reaffirms this fact.

Grow up Allyn.

---From Marc---
To hell with Sciroccos, here is what PB is into nowadays:
----

Marc, since you live in Montreal, I will ask you if you never saw or
attended the international ANIME movie week in Montreal during the august
weeks?

I like Anime, all sorts of them, monsters, machines, bondage, etc. Doe that
me (and thousand world wide that enjoy watching the perverted, sometimes
imaginative (go see KIRA one day!) that I am a perv, please, humor is lost
in translation in this case and, of poor taste.

---From Tonee---
Let him cool down, maybe there are other factors involved that do not
concern the listers. Everyone has their time, and if "we" cared we might
give him a little slack, maybe he just needs a break, even Ellen needed a
break from her mk1 when the tree jumped out in front of it. The list is a
community and communities support one another; they do not divide and
attack. We've had our Scirocco and might have another one in the future, but
for now we have moved on. Although we are still part of the community.
---

Well at least someone is using their brain on this list.. bravo!

--

Now since the cat is out of the bag, and I will surely tire rapidly to
repeat myself, so here is the scoop;

I destroyed, a stripped down 81S, (most parts were sold to list members)
I destroyed a rusted, broken chassi 77, all salvageable parts where already
sold to list members and or ebay
I destroyed a 82 scirocco, which was offered for sale for 4 months for 300,
then 200, then 100$.. no takers...
I destroyed a 1975, which after getting checked out and considered the
amount of a completely restoration oem project for this car would total over
25K $, and decided that I was not capable of such an enterprise, because of
massive under rust body issues. Again parts worth while where sold prior to
this.

And the list goes on...

I have my reasons, and did not believe I required acknowledgement or
approval of anyone on the list to do what I did...

Wanting to save a car is commendable, trying to rescue a project that will
continue to rot in someone else's yard, is futile...

As for my web site, I took it down to prevent people from stealing my
intellectual property, plain an simple, I do not want my tech notes to pop
changed or modified or unapproved all over the internet.

Will they be officially hosted on a new site, perhaps, this as yeat to be
decided, but there are a few, that have contacted me in private on the
subject, please, refrain from sending me more emails on this subject, when I
make my decision, the List will know, Period.

I still own for the time being my original project car, the prowler, how
long will I keep it, depends on many factors, and time will tell.

Sincerely,

ATS - Patrick Bureau