Cruisin' music

> From: roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca
> Date: 2004/07/23 Fri PM 01:38:24 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Cruisin' music
>

> Okay folks, we had this thread before, and I thought I'd revive it since:
> a) the list has been slow
> b) it's better than politics
> c) I need some new tunes and there are new folks on the list.
>
> You guys had some great suggestions last time around.
> Whole albums are fine, I'll go seek them out in the stores if they're good.
> Anyway, what are your favorite cruising tunes of all times?
> I just found a new one, "Pedal to the Metal" by a local band called Kazzer.
> (To quote the lyrics,"Put the pedal to the metal and I'm off, and its
> scary, but one thing's for sure, keep your foot on the floor") It's about
> an 86 Jetta diesel if you can believe it. Others are Stranglehold (Ted
> Nugent?) and Gel (Collective Soul). But those get the old foot down firmly
> without fail. Actually, that whole "Dazed and Confused" soundtrack is
> pretty good,including tunes like Foghat's "Slow Ride". (and someone
> suggested "49 Mercury Blues" last time, I identify with this one bigtime.
> Favorite line? With respect to his ungrateful car: "Its like a tooth that
> needs to be filled, it's gonna hurt and it's gonna get drilled, and once
> it gets fixed, it happens all over again". Sounds like a car I know.)
>
> Anyway, add to the suggestions, headin' out to "fill that tooth" once
> again...
> Cathy

As I type, I am listening to one of my favorites, "Badmotorfinger", Soundgarden...  Interlaced with all sorts of Scirocco-esque topics...  'Jesus Christ Pose', which is the pose I make when I work on my car, from underneath...  'Outshined', every car on the road does that to me....  Etc...

I have fairly dark/ecclectic tastes, so chose with caution...  By the way, you can sample a ton of albums on fye.com, there may be others...

Here is a list of some of my favorite groups...
Sponge
Henry Rollins Band
Depeche Mode
Rush
Living Color--  they happen to have an album out, new as of the last year (IIRC)
Prong
NIN--  Working on an album now, due out by no later than next spring (IIRC), Dave Grohl did the drums (WooooHOOOO!)
Killing Joke
Chemical Brothers
Tool
A Perfect Circle--  I can highly recommend this last album to any woman who likes real rock n roll, and by the choices you listed, it sounds like you do.
Dire Straits
Devo (yes, Devo)
U2
The Toadies  (I love that song "Mexican Hairless", my hairs stand up every time that song starts up...

Well, those are some of my faves...  I will say this, once I find a group I like, I get all their albums (normally).  That is one reason why I just post the names of the groups.  Another reason is that my memory for album/song names sucks!

HTH

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---