From: Ricardo [mailto:ricardo@dsmtuning.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:18 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: hello from Brazil!

Runs Perfectly! We even have a few cars that come with ethanol support
from
factory. They call it the "Flex fuel" system, which you can use either
gasoline or alcohol in your car, but thats only for newer cars, in its
time,
the gol was only available in gasoline, I did the conversion myself,
it's
ridiculously easy, you just need your injectors to flow about 35% more,
because it burns just like gasoline so there is no mistery.

In Brazil alcohol is cheaper than gasoline, way cheaper! Fuel prices are
:
R$ 1,19 per liter of alcohol and R$ 2,19 per liter of lowest octane
gasoline. Premium is R$ 2,60 per liter!! Only 91 octane, while Alcohol
is
about 110 octanes.

Converting to your reality, that's US$2,80 per galon in low octane
Gasoline
(86) and Alcohol (110) is US$1,55 per gallon. Taxes are high in Brazil
for
pretty much everything, so yes, gasoline is very expensive, another
reason
why i converted to alcohol. Though it burns cleaner, pollutes less and
supports higher compression.

Sincerely,

Ricardo.