hello from Brazil!

> Yes, welcome to the list...!
>
> I have always loved the Puma, an air-cooled car that I believe was
> available
> in your country?
>
> As for the different intake for the 16V, there is a larger port version
> that
> can be found in Europe (and is imported to the US< 600.00$ IIRC).  They
> can
> increase the hp on the top end, but at the expense of bottom end torque
> (is
> that the concensus?).
>
> Hope that helps,
>   David

I think that's the common perception, my peak torque got bumped up for
sure, it really comes alive at high rpms, but it's fine down low, I don't
find bottom end torque to be a problem at all. Mind you, mine's a 2L, so
they naturally have a bit more grunt than the 1.8 at the bottom end to
begin with. I can't tell you how much it moves the peak up, since mine got
a new head and a cam as well as the new intake between dyno runs. Well
gotta send this, the kid wants the machine...
cathy