Laundry list of problems (long)

Ok, I have been really busy but as I have some free time coming up I
want to finish some work on my 1988 16v totally stock rocco.  Any help I
can get with these questions would be of great help.

First, I changed the oil the other week and all went well.  That was
until I drove it the other day with no problem, came home let it sit for
a day only to find some oil spots under the front of the car kind of
near the oil filter.  I did a quick check and the filter was tight so
not sure what the problem is there.

Second, my ?88 rocco has just over 100k on the odometer.  Unfortunately,
it has said that for the last few years.  I found the write up on
Scirocco.org to fix the problem but before I rip the gauges out does any
one know where I can get replacement gears?

Third, the shifter is very sloppy, I have heard that there is a screw or
something that can come lose and cause this and I have also heard that
it can be the bushings.  Does any one know where I can find a rebuild
kit, I saw one at one point for about $15 I think but now I can?t find
the site.

Fourth. Grounding problems. There was a post just before the trip to
Ohio that gave a good explanation of what needed to be grounded and
where to connect everything but I cant find that in my archives now.

Fifth, Overheating.  Ahh, the classic 16v problem, stuck in traffic and
watch your temp go through the roof.  I was thinking about wiring up the
second fan to the fog light relay since the fog lights are now gone due
to lending the car to my brother that parks too close to curbs.  Has any
one done this, or something similar? Any other better ideas?

Ok, that is most of the problems and more than enough to keep me busy
for the next few weekends.  Again any help you can give on one or more
of these topics would be great.

Brad Boston
'88 16v
'90 Miata