how do you say scirocco?

> I have heard it both pronunciations, shir occo, and sir occo, and then
> there is the way my brother likes to refer to it as skir occo. How do
> you say it?

I remember at one point (back around 1996) I asked the same
question on the list and got about the same answers, but someone did
mention that they had heard it pronounced "see ROW coh" in Germany when
they were stationed over there.  Not sure if that's a correct
pronunciation also...

I guess I've always used "shi ROC oh" and "si ROC oh" interchangeably, a
German descent VW/Audi mechanic friend from way back that I've known since
I was a kid says the "skih ROC oh" thing but I'm thinking that's
definitely wrong..

John K. Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX - daily driver
'85 Scirocco Flash Silver, waiting for my new house/shop for a complete