Seal install questions and r134a condensors that fit in mkiis?

koabi wrote:

> I haven't looked at this yet but how do you install circular seals such
> as the front main, rear main, and intermediate shaft seals?

Veeeery carefully.  ;])

It's in the Bentley but the drift is you can either get a special tool
or you can tap them in real careful like.

Using the old seals to tap the new ones in should help to avoid
marring the new ones.

The only one of those I have dealt with is the Rear Main; replaced
during last clutch job. Clean, unscored surfaces are key.

I'll lay that down as the extent of my wisdom on those specific seals,
and hope for more knowledge from other listers.

> I'm going to try to use the r134a compressor from the ABA motor I got,
> so I figured while I have the radiator out, I should replace the
> condenser with an r134a unit.  Do I have any options?
>
> Thanks,
>
> koabi

k.,

What is specific about the compressor between one kind of refrigerant
and another?

(Oh, and don't forget to replace the dryer, and don't expose it to
atmosphere until you get ready to install it.)

TBerk