[SPAM] will a early 80ties cv joint fit the 16v axels? i forgot

VwDude Van wrote:
> been so long since i have actualy replaced a cv joint
> by itself  i forget , im sure i used to just pull any
> cv joint off the junk vws and they worked but i wana
> make sure cuz i might by somones new  joint for a 8v
> roco

If I understand this correctly:

"It has been so long since I have actually replaced a cv joint by
itself that I forget; I'm sure I used to just pull any cv joint off
any of the junk VWs and they worked, but I want to make sure because I
might buy someone's new joint for an 8v Rocco."

If I got that right then you need to make sure you are installing a
100mm cv onto the 16v.

If it is a cv meant for an early 80's VW then it is likely a 90mm cv.

While it might well work it won't be 'right', and may not work at all.

One thing that might help is to know if it's an inner or outer cv that
needs swapping out.

hth,
TBerk