From: "E.Noval" <aion@sdf.lonestar.org>
To: "Chad Eatock" <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: gas tank removal/install

> Hey Chad,
>
> What was the worst part? Did you have any trouble with the bolts?
>
> Are you replacing all the hoses as well?
>
> If you have the chance could you like me know what size (legnth/diam) the
> hoses are so I can get some ahead of time before I drop the tank.
>
> Im planning on doing it in the next 2 weeks (As soon as I use up the rest
> of the gas!)
>
> Tx,
> Ed
>

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Chad Eatock wrote:
>
> > Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:55:42 -0400
> > From: Chad Eatock <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
> > To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> > Subject: gas tank removal/install
> >
> > Wow...just got done ripping that old sucker outa the rocc....whata PITA!
Well, the outer edge of the tank is rusty and that is where these leaks are
coming from when the tank is full....oh well...no more...I hope this is the
last time this has to be done (as it is the 3rd tank in this car).  I am
waiting to hear back on monday when the new tank will be available...then
its go time again!  Does anybody know if coating the new tank with
rubberized asphalt spray or something can help prevent corrosion?  Is there
anything I need to do in prepping the new tank before install??