Why the snowplow driver didn't get to the snowplow

Yes, the Canadian Armed Forces has finally comitted to replacing the
Iltis, so I'm hoping to pick one up surplus.  We see them fairly regularly
here as we're about 30 miles from CFB Meaford military training centre
(known in these parts as the tank range.

My winter beater Jetta fairs much better as it's got some lift to it and
rides on 165/85 r13s, but unfortunately it's back on the operating table
after an unusccessful organ transplant.

I fear that even an Iltis would have been up the creek in this stuff
though, as even my 4wd loader tractor was bogged when I was clearing a
path for the Scirocco after I shovelled it out.  The wind piles the snow
on to the point that you can walk on the snow, and then you need tracks
(or a snow blower) to get through it.

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |