Checking Spindles

 Suspension mounting points are strong, but only in the horizontal plane.  There is little to support them in the vertical.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Utley
  To: gregdunn
  Cc: L F ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 9:47 AM
  Subject: Re: Checking Spindles

  I know that is the function of the mentioned bit on the body, but putting
  stands under those makes it a bit more wobbly in my experience.  The control
  arm mounts, agreed are not intended as jacking point, but I think that would
  be the strongest point to put a stand under other than the afore mentioned
  bit...  Not to mention, it is much more stable on a stand at the rear of the
  control arm...

  My .02, interested who else has change?  :-)
  --
  Regards,
  David Utley