Checking Spindles - now Jacking

I jack under the round dealie AND the body seam with a 2x4 spanning the two.  I place a jackstand
(which gets a cushion of synthetic deck material) under the body seam as close as possible to the
notch in the rocker panel.  I lower the car just enough to put some weight on the jackstand.  The
jack stays put until I'm done.

I began to have the jackstand share the weight after my recent experience where the jack slipped
out on me, and dropped a half inch or so onto the jackstand!

=====
Cheapass Ron
'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)