Storing a car

Derrick flo wrote:
> I have a scirocco 16v.  after a lot of down time fixing parts on my car I finally said the hell with it and I'm going to store it for the winter.
>
> What do I have to do to the car to store it for 2-3 months?  its currently to cold for the car.  I have a hard time in the morning just getting it started.
>
> I now need a starter, waterpump, thermostat, lower radiator hose, boost hoses, and new injectors.  so I want to store it until it gets warmer and I can work on it.

You need to rinse all road salt out from under the car, fill the tank
with gas (might want to add some of the stabilizer), and remove some of
the suspension load but don't have the wheels dangle in air.

Really, for two or three months nothing needs be done other than care of
the battery, and concerns related to weather & wildlife: stuff brillo in
the air intake & tail pipe, address rain/snow/freezing (enough coolant
or drain the coolant all together).

Thems me rambles,
TBerk