Turbo Diesel Valve Springs in a 16V?

> This is a really good question... as I have heard many myths
> on valve springs...

> problems, but also no gains either.  I unfortunately have
> reason to believe that my valves still begin to float
> over 7k rpm (according to dyno and dyno operator).

2 real reasons to go with upgraded springs.
1.  To prevent coil bind with a higher lift camshaft
2.  To prevent valve float (and bounce) at high rpm.

Coil bind is simple enough to measure according to cam lift.  Float is a
very bad thing that can be present on one camshaft and not in another that
have very similar "specs."  Matching inners and outers for similar combined
total spring rates is important (as opposed to possibly ending up with a
weak inner and outer on one valve that will float more easily than the
rest).

It would be interesting for the companies to advertise the spring rates.

gd