Epoxy

While this, and the example of the new (and probably older) Lotus use resin on
the body, there are not many examples I can think of where they will use epoxy
on something like a strut.

  All the load on a strut is in one direction, whereas in a car body or on a
wing (less so for the wing), the load is going to be in more than one
direction.  The strut has an approximate diameter of what, four inches?  It
would have approximately 700 lbs on each front corner, and 300 lbs each rear
at rest (hypothetically speaking).  While driving aggressively, those numbers
are going to go up as the suspension moves, but this is not the important
part:  the contrast between the struts and the body of a car or a wing on a
plane is that those parts have much more area to dissipate their respective
loads...  Now in the case of the wing, it is prolly seeing a lot more load
than we could know, but we also know that the military is often on the
forefront of technology if for no other reason but 'immenent domain'(sp)...
Regardless, this is why I am still on the fence a bit...  If I knew more about
the epoxy they sent, if it is used in other high-load situations, I might feel
better...

Just my thoughts on the matter...
--
Regards,