OT: any one know about ZK bootkit?

Julie, a rootkit generally contains many methods for attempting to harvest
system passwords - these range from ethernet sniffers to trojan password /
login replacements.

If you have a system that has a rootkit installed, then you need to take
immediate steps to secure the system.  Immediately remove it from the net
- as many rootkits also include backdoor access for the hacker that
dropped it in - back up any pertinent data (do not backup binaries or
shell scripts that may have been modified!) and reinstall the machine from
scratch.  Before putting the machine back on the wire, install all
applicable vendor pacthes otherwise the hacker will drop in using the same
vulnerability before you can say "bob's your uncle."

The issue does not stop there though - if there are any other systems that
are accessed from the compromised system or are on the same network
segment, then there is a very good chance that passwords may have been
harvested, and/or those machines compromised as well.

It is recommendsed that any passwords on these systems be changed and a
thorough audit be conducted on these systems to determine if they have
been compromised as well.

Drew