(OT)I would like to ask you all a question...(Long)

Well I don't know if this view is shared by anyone else, but I believe
you're picking up some vibes that ARE there.  To me, I think you came on
the list a little "strong".  I mean, most people kinda lurk for a while,
interject the odd comment here and there, and "graduate" to the sorta
"inner circle" of knowledgeable people giving answers to the more
technical questions.  It's a social thing really.  If you were standing
around with a group of people discussing something and a stranger walked
up and joined the conversation seemingly close-minded to other's views,
you might not respect this person's opinion as much as someone who
you've known for a while and who has earned your respect.

You seem knowledgeable in many things, and your experience with VWs is
more than most, but in my opinion you've have engaged in a few
discussions where you quite stubbornly clung to an overwhelmingly
opposed view - the flywheel/mileage thread comes to mind :-).  This list
has some VERY knowledgeable people on it, and you went up against many
of them right off the bat.  When the rest of the list reads these
discussions I believe many got the impression of "where the hell is this
guy coming from..."  But you can hardly be blamed since you just got
here, and didn't hold these guys in the same regard...

BUT, it's not all bad.  Lively discussions are usually entertaining to
read as long as they don't get into flaming (not "gay" <wink>)
territory.  It adds flavor to the list.  Also, often a skewed truth is
perpetuated by the nature of passing on information through channels
like this email list.  It takes someone like you to shake things up once
in a while and make even the most learned person re-examine their
reasoning.

Don't sweat it, we all know a bunch more about you now that you've been
on the list for a while - you're no longer "the new guy"...  :-)

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K
75