Ron's a goober...

Cause he never answers his phone...
:=P~~~
brian

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Ron Pieper wrote:

> --- L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
> > Like ten viscosity points makes a huge difference... your mechanic is playing games.
> >  Use what you want.
>
> Sometimes these old VW engines (and/or their oil pressure sensor systems) get a wee bit sensitive,
> and 10W-30 vs 10W-40 (and 20W-50) can make a difference if that frigging buzzer starts going off.
> Really though, in most cases, it's not an issue.
>
> Old-school thinking was to keep the two numbers as close as possible, something to do with longer
> chain molecules or something, resulting in less varnish, longer oil life, etc.  I'm reporting what
> I've been told, and goodness knows God didn't make me to be a chemist.
>
> > Small wheel w/ power steering; no downsides, all up.
>
> Only consideration is visibility of dash instruments.
>
> Ron
>

> =====
> Cheapass Ron
> '81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
> (2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)

Brian
88 16v $2004 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car? mid engine... maybe we'll see
82 0v Black 16v kit --parts
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.