From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Toomasson
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 9:48 AM
To: scirocco
Subject: Can someone explain the benefit of coilovers? (Was: Coilovers
$195for all A1's)

I'm really hoping someone can explain to me what coil-overs _exactly_
are
and what their benefits are.

>From what I gather, original A1 shocks are used (be it Koni, Bilstein,
Tokico, etc.) but are cut??  The coilover kit comes with different
springs
and perch offering a more narrow diameter. They also offer ride height
adjustability.

Just how is this done?  Wouldn't a shock/strut be more susceptible to
failure by reducing its travel?

Do they actually handle any better than a normal setup? I assume from a
lowering standpoint that having the a-arms parallel to the group is
still
optimum???

Thanks, Jeff