rebuilding an ABA shortie - what do I HAVE to replace?

All apart, and damage in one of the bore?

Maybe for less than a rebuilt, you can buy a working aba motor, and just
slap it in?

Then part the other one on ebay.

Especially if you are thinking about a temporary motor.

That's what I'd do.

Cheers.

Marc

---