rebuilding an ABA shortie - what do I HAVE to replace?

Thanks, Ron -
> I would'nt have been tearing it down in the first place!  Arghh...that was
an expensive move...I'd have pulled a main cap off,
> and maybe a rod cap, and if it looked good, left it alone.

I had to - #4 piston was frozen to the bore. Luckily, the damage was
minimal - very shallow pitting the size of two pin heads near the top of #4.
Destroyed the piston in the removal process.

> Nope, not of the journals are OK.
>
> > Am I foolish for treating any motor as a temporary motor? (especially
seeing how parenthood
> > seems to stall many projects)...
>
> ummmm...don't want to insult you by saying yes, but...in light of the
parenthood comment...just
> get it done before he starts walking.

You're not insulting me, buddy - I knew the answer going in. I'm just lazy
and cheap. You know how it is...  :D

> Re-ring it, put the xlow on the ABA and be happy...you'll love the torque
of the ABA.

X-flow head being saved for turbo motor. Already have a P&P'd hydro
counter-flow head that I'm going to use. Again - "temporary"  :)

Thanks again, Jeff