more MS questions

The flyback board is a modification for V1.01 MS boards, having something to do with suppression
of voltage on the injectors.  The tester would be the stimulator, and is necessary if this is an
unproven (to you) unit.  The relay board is an optional accessory - you can use this for all
connections to MS, it gets power, ground, and all input/output signals, has relays (one which
controls the fuel pump), etc.  You have to build a cable between it and the MS box - be sure this
is included if you take the relay board, beleive me you don't want to make one, it's a PITA.  If I
were to do it again, I'd seriously consider skipping the relay board.

If you got it all for $200, that'd be OK.  The presence of the flyback board in this equation
indicates that this is an older version MS unit.  Plus, you don't know the workmanship (quality of
solder joints, whether he coated it, etc.) or the electrical history - spikes can damage
components, not kill them right away, and shorten their lives. $200 for the MS alone is too much,
I think.

HTH

Ron

--- Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> A guy on vortex is selling his already built MS unit for $200, guarenteed not DOA. He also has
> some extra boards for a little more but I have no idea what these boards are. There's a flyback
> board, relay board and tester board. The last I assume is the stimulator piece, but the others?
mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l