New ETKA and the nasty Hardlock error

I just wanna throw out this suggestion for the numerous people who have
had problems running ETKA under 2000/XP..

Get ahold of a copy of VMware for Windows (www.vmware.com) and install
Windows 98 in it, then install ETKA under that.

I don't even use Windows (I'm a Linux guy) but I run 98 in VMware for
Linux in order to use ETKA and other windows-only crap and it works great.
It's just like having a second machine on my desk, but I can switch
between the two machines seemlessly with the same keyboard and mouse.

VMware doesn't actually emulate the whole CPU, it just sets up the
environment to run the software natively.. so there's a very low
performance hit (actually, under Linux, some people have observed
a performance /increase/ over native Windows)

It's very easy to use and essentially gives you a computer within your
computer on which you can install any OS you please (you can even layer
virtual machines.. ie. run Linux within Windows within Linux within
Windows, etc). There's support for networks, CD burning, DVD drives, etc.
You can also suspend and resume, so you don't have to wait for the virtual
machine to boot up.

A very nice piece of software. Sure, you'll take up a couple hundred megs
of disk space for the disk image but it might be worth avoiding all the
hardlock/incompatibility frustration people seem to be having.

-Toby