Sunroof repair info needed

Hello. I have a 87 vw scirocco 16v and I need to repair my sunroof.  the sunroof is currently not working at all.  when I turn the crank it just turns the roof won't move.  One of the cables are popping out from the liner.  I have to stuff to replace it I just don't want to destroy my head liner or remove windows to fix it.  Is there a way to remove the sunroof without destroying the headliner or removing windows in my current position?