sweet 75 mk1 in MI for CHEAP! (another addition to the stable!)

But it's soooo ORANGE!!!  I haven't decided what do with the color yet.
If it were any other color than orange I would certainly keep it stock,
but I'll have to think about this one.  Maybe if enough people protest
I'll keep it orange, but gaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwd it's VERY orange...
What do you guys think? (pics, if they're still there:
http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/~scirocco/75/).  Maybe seeing it in
person will clear it up for me...

I have some plans for the car already, definitely not stock, BUT I
promise not to make any irreversible changes.  If (and a HUGE if) I end
up EVER selling it, I'd like to be able to return it to stock condition.
That way I won't get too much flak from the "purists" either...  <grin>
As for the carbed engine, that's probably going to end up in my winter
beater (minus the carbs) which I will loan to my ex while she saves up
for an A1 Rabbit (my 10 years with her weren't a total waste I guess...
:-)  The ABA/JH will probably end up in the 75...  Now that I'm used to
the 2.0 litre, I don't think I could go back to a small, carbed
engine...

Keep in mind though, if it's as solid as advertised, I will probably own
this car until either it, or I die.  I've been looking to buy an early
Mk1 for years now, so it would take some severe prying to get it out of
my hands...  I don't know if that's enough reason to not keep it stock -
I've never had to deal with this issue.  I do believe I will enjoy the
car a lot more with an extra 50+ hp under the hood.  I guess I have a
bit of time to figure out what I should do with it...

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K
75 - soon!